The Lutheran Seminary in the Southwest (LSPS) was started in 1975. Its many achievments include:
- Graduated over 140 M. Div. candidates
- Served 180 M. Div. students for part of their theological training
- Now has graduates serving in 25 states and four countries (USA, Mexico, Chile and Sierra Leon)
- Graduated 27 TEEM (Theological Education for Emerging Ministries) students who are serving in seven states.
- Served students from the USA, Colombia, Guatemala, Argentina, El Salvador, Puerto Rico, Mexico, Chile, Nicaragua, The Philippines, Indonesia, Korea and Taiwan.
- Has as Faculty the only two Ph.D. Latinos of Mexican heritage in the ELCA.
- Utilizes the talent and experience of theologians from across the country.
- Has a donor support base of over 5,000 individuals and 240 congregations in 21 states.
- Offers continuing education opportunities.